The Truth About Abortion Stats, Rape, Incest and Life of Mother

from the group Men Against Abortion

When debating pro-aborts they always bring up the cases of rape, incest and life of the mother. According to this data, these three cases combined only account for 0.53% of all cases of abortion. So when they bring up these cases ask them if they would be for doing away with abortion in the other 99.47% of the time.

The three most frequently cited “hard cases” in which some argue abortion might be justified are rape, incest and protecting the life of the mother. However, women rarely report that they are seeking an abortion for any of these reasons:

Rape: 0.3%
Incest: 0.03%
Protection of mother’s life: 0.2%

In other words, out of 1,000 women procuring abortion, only three cite rape as the primary reason, and only two cite protecting her life as the reason for the abortion. Out of 10,000 women procuring abortion, only three cite incest as a reason. “

Source: Johnston’s Archive

Tagged with: , , , , ,
Posted in Uncategorized
One comment on “The Truth About Abortion Stats, Rape, Incest and Life of Mother

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: